Blog page 323




                                               

Multistate Tax Commission

The Multistate Tax Commission is a United States intergovernmental state tax agency created by the Multistate Tax Compact in 1967. As of 2011, 47 states are members of the Commission in some capacity. Commission members, acting together, attempt ...

                                               

Northwest Power and Conservation Council

The Northwest Power and Conservation Council is a regional organization that develops and maintains a regional power plan and a fish and wildlife program to balance the Northwests environment and energy needs. Based in Portland, Oregon, the Counc ...

                                               

Tahoe Regional Planning Agency

The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency was formed in 1969 through a bi-state compact between California and Nevada which was ratified by the U.S. Congress. The agency is mandated to protect the environment of the Lake Tahoe Basin through land-use reg ...

                                               

National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission

The National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission was a panel created by Section 1909 of SAFETEA-LU, signed into law by President George W. Bush on August 10, 2005. The commission was an attempt to study and develop a vision ...

                                               

National Transportation Library

The National Transportation Library maintains and facilitates access to information necessary for transportation decision-making in government and coordinates with public and private transportation libraries and information providers to improve i ...

                                               

Chittagong Court Building

Construction was started in 1892 and was completed in 1898. It was built on the top of the hill Parir Pahar Fairys Hill. The building was built in the Indo-Saracenic Revival architecture style. The building was built to house the Chittagong Distr ...

                                               

A. Grenville and William Davis Courthouse

The A. Grenville and William Davis Courthouse opened in 2000, and is located at 7755 Hurontario Street in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. The court house is named in honour of Albert Grenville Davis QC, former Peel lawyer and his son William Grenville ...

                                               

Calgary Courts Centre

Calgary Courts Centre is the largest court facility in Canada, and is located in Calgary, Alberta. It was constructed by the Government of Alberta and provides over 1 million square feet of court and office space.

                                               

Marseille Courthouse

The Marseille Courthouse is a neoclassical building located on Place Montyon, in the 6th arrondissement of Marseille, France.

                                               

Carlow Courthouse

The courthouse, which was designed by William Vitruvius Morrison in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1834. It was modeled on the Temple on the Ilissus in Athens. A Russian artillery piece, which had been used in the Crimean War, was broug ...

                                               

Carrick-on-Shannon Courthouse

The building, which was designed by William Farrell in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1822. It was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, which es ...

                                               

Castlebar Courthouse

The building, which was designed by George Papworth in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1822. It was rebuilt to a design by George Wilkinson in 1860. It was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implement ...

                                               

Cavan Courthouse

The courthouse, which was designed by William Farrell in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1824. A memorial outside the building commemorates Thomas Ashe,a member of the Gaelic League, the Gaelic Athletic Association, the Irish Republican ...

                                               

Clonmel Courthouse

The building, which was designed by Sir Richard Morrison in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1800. Following the failed attempt at rebellion near Ballingarry in 1848, the captured leaders of the Young Irelanders were brought to Clonmel fo ...

                                               

Cork Courthouse

The building, which was designed by Richard and James Pain in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1828. After a fire it was rebuilt to the designs of William Hill in 1891. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice ...

                                               

Criminal Courts of Justice, Dublin

The Criminal Courts of Justice is the principal courts building for the criminal courts in the Republic of Ireland. It is on Parkgate Street, near the Phoenix Park.

                                               

Dundalk Courthouse

The building, which was designed by Edward Parke and John Bowden in the Neoclassical style and modeled on the Temple of Hephaestus in Athens, was completed in 1819. It was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the im ...

                                               

Dungarvan Courthouse

The courthouse, which was designed by James Pain in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1820. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, w ...

                                               

Ennis Courthouse

The courthouse, which was designed by John Keane and Henry Whitestone in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1852. A Russian artillery piece, which had been used in the Crimean War, was brought back to Ireland and placed on the lawn outside ...

                                               

Kilkenny Courthouse

The site was previously occupied by Graces Castle, a structure dating back to the 13th century. It was used as a prison from 1566 and some of features of these aspects of the earlier building still survive at basement level. The current building, ...

                                               

Limerick Courthouse

The building, which was designed by Nicholas and William Hannan in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1814. It was altered by James Pain in 1820. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the imple ...

                                               

Longford Courthouse

The building, which has a Neoclassical style porch, was completed in around 1795. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, which established ...

                                               

Monaghan Courthouse

The building, which was designed by Joseph Welland in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1827. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, ...

                                               

Mullingar Courthouse

The building, which was designed by John Hargraves, was completed in 1828. The building was primarily used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, which established county c ...

                                               

Naas Courthouse

The building, which was designed by Sir Richard Morrison in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1807. The building was primarily used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act ...

                                               

Nenagh Courthouse

The building, which was designed by John B. Keane in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1843. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, ...

                                               

Port Laoise Courthouse

The building, which was designed by Sir Richard Morrison in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1805. It was re-modelled to the designs of James Rawson Carroll in 1875. The building was primarily used as a facility for dispensing justice but ...

                                               

Roscommon Courthouse

The courthouse, which was designed by Sir Richard Morrison in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1832. Following a major fire, which gutted the building, it was restored under the architectural guidance of Christopher Mulvany in 1883. The b ...

                                               

Sligo Courthouse

The courthouse, which was designed by James Rawson Carroll in the French gothic style, was completed in 1878. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland ...

                                               

Tralee Courthouse

The building, which was designed by William Vitruvius Morrison in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1834. Two cannons which had been used in the Crimean War 1854–56 and the Indian Rebellion 1857 were brought back to Ireland and installed o ...

                                               

Tullamore Courthouse

The building, which was designed by John B. Keane in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1833. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, ...

                                               

Waterford Courthouse

The courthouse, which was designed by John B. Keane in the Neoclassical style, was completed in 1849. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justice but, following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898 ...

                                               

Wexford Courthouse

The building was originally designed as an educational establishment and opened as the Tate School in March 1867. After the school got into financial difficulties and closed in 1949, the building was acquired by Wexford Corporation in 1950. It se ...

                                               

Wicklow Courthouse

The building was completed in 1824 and was altered to the designs of Henry Brett, County Surveyor, in 1866 and altered again to the designs of John Henry Brett, his son, in 1876. The building was originally used as a facility for dispensing justi ...

                                               

Kuala Lumpur Courts Complex

The Kuala Lumpur Courts Complex is a large courthouse complex in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, housing various courts of the countrys judicial system. The complex is situated along Jalan Duta in Segambut, some 4 kilometres away from the earlier locatio ...

                                               

Palace of Justice, Putrajaya

The Palace of Justice houses the Malaysian Court of Appeal and Federal Court, which moved to Putrajaya from the Sultan Abdul Samad Building in Kuala Lumpur in the early 2000s.

                                               

Penang High Court

The Penang High Court, founded in 1808, is the birthplace of Malaysias judiciary system. It is housed inside a Palladian-style building at Light Street, George Town, Penang. To this day, the High Court sits at the top of Penangs hierarchy of cour ...

                                               

Dunedin Law Courts

The Dunedin Law Courts is a notable historic building in central Dunedin in the South Island of New Zealand. They are located at the corner of Lower Stuart Street and Anzac Square, directly opposite the citys historic railway station.

                                               

San Nicolas Fire Station

San Nicolas Fire Station is among the first fire stations built in the Philippines. It is in San Fernando corner Madrid Streets in San Nicolas, Manila, Philippines.

                                               

Chelsea Fire Station

Chelsea Fire Station is located at 264 Kings Road, London. The station was opened on 3 March 1965 as part of a wider scheme that included the Chelsea Arts School. The station is one of the possible sites for Crossrail 2s Kings Road Chelsea railwa ...

                                               

Government House, West Island

Government House is a heritage-listed official residence at Qantas Close, West Island, Cocos Islands, Australia. It was added to the Australian Commonwealth Heritage List on 22 June 2004.

                                               

Hillview, Sutton Forest

Hillview is a heritage-listed former residence and now boutique hotel at Old Illawarra Highway, Sutton Forest, Wingecarribee Shire, New South Wales, Australia. It was the official country residence of the Governor of New South Wales from 1882 to ...

                                               

Port Macquarie Government House Site

Port Macquarie Government House Site is a heritage-listed archaeological site at 2 Clarence Street, Port Macquarie, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council, New South Wales, Australia. It was built from 1824 to 1826 by convict labour. The property is own ...

                                               

Palacio dos Bandeirantes

Palacio dos Bandeirantes is a palace in São Paulo, Brazil. It is the seat of the São Paulo state government and the governors official residence. The palace, located at the Morumbi district, also houses some secretaries and a wide historical and ...

                                               

Istana Nurul Iman

The Istana Nurul Iman is the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, and the seat of the Brunei government. The palace is located on a leafy, riverside sprawl of hills on the banks of the Brunei River, a few kilometres south ...

                                               

The Royal Residence

The Royal Residence is a royal villa located in Siem Reap, Cambodia. It serves as the official residence for the King of Cambodia for when he is in Siem Reap.

                                               

7 Rideau Gate

7 Rideau Gate is the Canadian governments official state guest house for distinguished visitors, such as heads of government and high-level officials of foreign governments. The house is located in Ottawa, Ontario, near other official residences ...

                                               

Stornoway (residence)

Stornoway is the name of the official residence of the Leader of the Official Opposition in Canada, and has been used as such since 1950. It is provided in recognition of the opposition leaders position. Located at 541 Acacia Avenue in the Rockcl ...

                                               

Villa Maria (school)

Villa Maria is a private Catholic co-educational high school in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was founded in 1854 and offers both a francophone and an anglophone stream. Beginning August 2016, the school is open to boys in the seventh grade. Over ...

                                               

Christiansborg Palace (1st)

The first Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen, Denmark, was built on Slotsholmen in 1745 as a new main residence for King Christian VI of Denmark. It was built on the same site as its predecessor, Copenhagen Castle, which had assumed a monstrous ...