Blog page 5




                                               

Kurese

Kurese is a village in Laaneranna Parish, Parnu County in southwestern Estonia. It has no permanent population, but by dating of burial sites its at least 1000 years old. In 2.5 km nearby is Soontagana stronghold and village may be older than thi ...

                                               

Manilaid

Manilaid is a 1.87 km 2 Estonian islet in the Gulf of Riga, located between the island of Kihnu and the mainlands Tõstamaa peninsula. Together with the neighbouring smaller uninhabited islets Sorgu and Annilaid, Manilaid forms the village of Mani ...

                                               

Piiukaarelaid

Piiukaarelaid is a small, uninhabited islet in the Baltic Sea belonging to the country of Estonia. Piiukaarelaid has an approximate area of 8.5 hectares and a circumference of 1.8 kilometers and is administered by the village of Mereaarse, Varbla ...

                                               

Poorilaid

Poorilaid is an islet in the Baltic Sea belonging to the country of Estonia. Poorilaid covers approximately 0.0195 hectares, with a perimeter of 1.7 kilometers. The islet has a sinuous coastline and has, through natural process, become connected ...

                                               

Reiu

Reiu is a village in Haademeeste Parish, Parnu County in southwestern Estonia. Its located just south of the city of Parnu from the city centre), between Parnu Bay and Reiu river. As of 2011 Census, the settlements population was 599. The village ...

                                               

Sorgu

Sorgu is a 5-hectare uninhabited Estonian islet in the Gulf of Riga, 5 km southeast of the island of Manilaid. Administratively Sorgu belongs to the Manija village in Tõstamaa Parish, Parnu County. The reefs of Sorgu were already mentioned on the ...

                                               

Vandra Parish

Vandra Parish was an Estonian municipality located in Parnu County. It had a population of 2.861 and covered an area of 642 km². On 27 October 2009 the neighbouring Kaisma Parish was merged with Vandra Parish.

                                               

Erastvere

Erastvere is a village in Kanepi Parish, Põlva County in southeastern Estonia. It is located just southeast of Kanepi, the centre of the municipality, and is passed by the Tallinn–Tartu–Võru–Luhamaa road. As of 2011 Census, the villages populatio ...

                                               

Kanepi Parish

Kanepi Parish is a rural municipality of Estonia, in Põlva County. It has a population of 2.511 and an area of 231.43 km². The administrative centre is Kanepi.

                                               

Kiidjarve

Kiidjarve is a village in Põlva Parish, Põlva County in southeastern Estonia. Its located about 9 km north of the town of Põlva and about 30 km southeast of the city of Tartu, by the Tartu–Pechory railway and the Ahja River. The village territory ...

                                               

Magari, Estonia

Magari is a village in Kanepi Parish, Põlva County in southeastern Estonia. Its located about 4.5 km southeast of Kanepi, the administrative centre of the municipality, neighbouring the Erastvere, Põlgaste, Soodoma and Lauri villages. As of 2011 ...

                                               

Mikitamae Parish

Mikitamae Parish was a rural municipality of Estonia, in Põlva County. It had a population of 998 and an area of 104.41 km².

                                               

Mooste Parish

Mooste Parish was a rural municipality of Estonia, in Põlva County. It had a population of 1542 and an area of 185.12 km².

                                               

Orava Parish

Orava Parish was a rural municipality in south-eastern Estonia, Põlva County. The municipality had a population of 854 and covered an area of 175.52 km². The population density was 4.9 inhabitants per km².

                                               

Peri, Estonia

Peri is a village in Põlva Parish, Põlva County in southeastern Estonia. Its located about 4 km southeast of the town of Põlva. Peri has a population of 364. Peri was first mentioned in 1554 Memskul, Perrist. The Peri knight manor is known to hav ...

                                               

Piusa

Piusa is a village in Orava Parish, Põlva County, in southeastern Estonia. It is located on the left bank of Piusa River, near the border of Russia. Piusa is famous for its sand caves along the river. Sand quarries for glass production are active ...

                                               

Põlva Parish

Põlva Parish is a rural municipality in Põlva County, southeastern Estonia. On 1 January 2009, it had a population of 3.882 and an area of 228.63 km². In October 2013, the town of Põlva formerly a separate municipality was merged into Põlva Paris ...

                                               

Rapina Parish

Rapina Parish is a rural municipality of Estonia, in Põlva County. It has a population of 5.533 and an area of 265.93 km².

                                               

Valgjarve Parish

Valgjarve Parish was a rural municipality of Estonia, in Põlva County. It had a population of 1.562 and an area of 143.02 km².

                                               

Varska Parish

Varska Parish was a rural municipality of Estonia, in Põlva County. It had a population of 1.344 and an area of 187.82 square kilometers.

                                               

Veriora Parish

Veriora Parish was a rural municipality of Estonia, in Põlva County. It had a population of 1.521 and an area of 200.42 km².

                                               

Atla, Rapla County

Atla is a village in Juuru Parish, Rapla County, Estonia. It is located about 13 km northeast of the town of Rapla, just east of Juuru and 6 km northwest of Kaiu, by the road nr 14. As of 2011 Census, the villages population was 81. Atla Manor wa ...

                                               

Hageri

Hageri is a small borough in Kohila Parish, Rapla County, northern Estonia. As of 2011 Census, the settlements population was 212. Hageri has an area of 105 ha.

                                               

Hargla

Hargla is a village in Juuru Parish, Rapla County, Estonia. It has an area of 12.35 km² and a population of 68. In 2010 Kalda village was detached from the lands of Hargla.

                                               

Juuru Parish

Juuru Parish was an Estonian municipality located in Rapla County. It had a population of 1627 and an area of 152.4 km².

                                               

Kehtna

Kehtna is a small borough in Rapla County, in central Estonia, located about 9 km southeast of the town of Rapla. Other nearby settlements include Keava, Kaerepere and Lelle. Kehtna is the administrative centre of Kehtna Parish. It has a populati ...

                                               

Kehtna Parish

Kehtna Parish is a rural municipality in central Estonia. It is a part of Rapla County. The municipality has a population of 5.182 and covers an area of 507.3 km². The population density is 10.2 inhabitants per km².

                                               

Kohila

Kohila is a borough in Rapla County, northern Estonia. It is the administrative center of Kohila Parish. Kohila has a population of 3.505. Kohila has a railway station on the Tallinn - Viljandi railway line operated by Elron rail transit. The for ...

                                               

Konuvere

Konuvere is a village in Marjamaa Parish, Rapla County in western Estonia, on the north side of the Konuvere River. Baltic German general Paul von Rennenkampf 1854–1918 was born in Konuvere Manor, note for heroic role in the Boxer rebellion, and ...

                                               

Lohu

Lohu is a village in Kohila Parish, Rapla County in northwestern Estonia. Lohu railway station on the Tallinn - Viljandi railway line operated by Elron in s a short distance from the village. The Lohu Lelu company in Lohu produces wooden toys. It ...

                                               

Maidla, Rapla Parish

Maidla German: Maidel manor has a history that goes back to at least 1452. During the Middle Ages, there was a fortified manor or a small castle on the site, parts of which has been incorporated into the eastern tower of the current, later buildi ...

                                               

Pirgu

Pirgu German: Pirk estate was formed in 1662, when the lands were separated from Angerja castle estate. Subsequently, it has belonged to various Baltic German families. The last local aristocratic landowner was forced to leave the estate followin ...

                                               

Rapla

Rapla is a town in central Estonia, the capital of Rapla County and the centre of Rapla Parish. The oldest records date back to 1241 in the Danish Census Book, when it was said that it was a small village with 8 acres of cultivated fields. By the ...

                                               

Valtu

Valtu is a village in Rapla Parish, Rapla County in northwestern Estonia. Valtu Manor in Swedish Waldau, in Estonian Valtu mõis is a ruined and partially rebuilt manor in Valtu. The first record of the manor was in 1412. From 1588-1828 the Tiesen ...

                                               

Vana-Aespa

Vana-Aespa is a village in Kohila Parish, Rapla County in northern Estonia. It is located about 6 km northwest of the borough of Kohila, between Hageri and Aespa.

                                               

Ansekula

Ansekula is a village in Saaremaa Parish, Saare County, Estonia, on the island of Saaremaa. As of 2011 Census, the settlements population was 39. The first church in Ansekula was built around 1300. From 1846 to 1875, Martin Korber was the pastor ...

                                               

Kaali, Estonia

Kaali is a village in Saaremaa Parish, Saare County in western Estonia, 18 kilometres from Kuressaare, the island capital. Valjala, to the north-east, is the nearest town. The village is the site of the Kaali crater, actually a series of craters ...

                                               

Kaarma Parish

Kaarma Parish was a municipality of Saare County, Estonia next to Kuressaare. In 2014, it was merged with the municipalities of Karla and Lumanda to become the Laane-Saare municipality. The municipality had a population of 4.608 as of 1 January 2 ...

                                               

Kesselaid

Kesselaid is a 1.7 km 2 Estonian islet located between the mainland and the island of Muhu in the Suur vain which connects the Vainameri strait and the Gulf of Riga. Theres only one village on the island Kesse, which is administratively part of M ...

                                               

Koguva

Koguva is a village on the Estonian island of Muhu. Administratively it belongs to the Muhu Parish, Saare County. Koguva is located on the western top of the island, small Kõinastu islet is located just 2 km northwest in the Vainameri Sea. In 200 ...

                                               

Kõljala

Kõljala estate German: Kolljall traces its history to 1250, when it belonged to the Baltic German family von Buxhoeveden. It has subsequently belonged to various Baltic noble families but was expropriated during the land reform following the decl ...

                                               

Kuivastu

Kuivastu is a village on the eastern coast of the Estonian island Muhu. Kuivastu Harbour is the primary gateway to the biggest Estonian island Saaremaa. The corresponding harbour on the continental side is situated in Virtsu. Kuivastu administrat ...

                                               

Laane-Saare Parish

Laane-Saare Parish was a rural municipality of Estonia, in Saare County. It was located on the western part of Saaremaa island. The municipality has a population of ca 7.200 and an area of 807 km². Laane-Saare Parish was established by merging Ka ...

                                               

Lahetaguse

Lahetaguse is a village in Saaremaa Parish, Saare County, Estonia, on the island of Saaremaa. Its located on the northern coast of Kaugatoma Bay. As of 2011 Census, the settlements population was 21. Lahetaguse was the location of Lahetaguse Germ ...

                                               

Liiva, Muhu Parish

Liiva is a village on the Estonian island Muhu. It is the administrative centre of Muhu Parish in Saare County and also is the largest village in the municipality with a population of 189. Liiva is situated in the heart of the island by the main ...

                                               

Linnusitamaa

Linnusitamaa is a 5.07 ha uninhabited Estonian islet in the Gulf of Riga. Its located about 300 m south of the island of Abruka. Administratively Linnusitamaa belongs to the Abruka village in Laane-Saare Parish, Saare County. The name is a curios ...

                                               

Loonalaid

Loonalaid is a small island in the Baltic Sea belonging to the country of Estonia. Its coordinates are 58°19′42″N 21°48′19″E. Loonalaid lies just off the NW coast of the island of Saaremaa, is administered by Kihelkonna Parish, Saare County and i ...

                                               

Maasi

Maasi is a village in Saaremaa Parish, Saare County, on the eastern part of Saaremaa Island, Estonia. Its located just northwest from Orissaare, the administrative centre of the municipality. Maasi is bordered by Vaike vain Straits on its northea ...

                                               

Mandjala

Mandjala is a village in Saaremaa Parish, Saare County, Estonia, on the island of Saaremaa. It is located about 8 km 5 mi southwest of Kuressaare, on the northern coast of the bay of Suur Katel part of the Gulf of Riga. As of 2011 Census, the set ...

                                               

Mõntu

Mõntu is a village in Saaremaa Parish, Saare County in western Estonia. It is located on the southeast coast of Sõrve Peninsula in the southern part of the island of Saaremaa. From 2005–2008, a ferry route operated between Mõntu harbour and the L ...