Blog page 754



                                               

List of buildings at Ohio State University

The Ohio State University is a public research university in Columbus, Ohio. This is an alphabetical list of buildings, facilitates and other structures at Ohio State University.

                                               

Mershon Center for International Security Studies

The Mershon Center is an academic think tank at the Ohio State University in the United States. The institution was founded in 1952 when Colonel Ralph D. Mershon left funds to the university for the establishment of a research institution dedicat ...

                                               

Mirror Lake (Ohio)

Mirror Lake is a small lake on the campus of The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, United States. Historically, the lake was spring-fed, and sat on the property of William Neil in North Columbus. The trustees in charge of purchasing land f ...

                                               

Blackwell Inn

The Blackwell Inn is an upscale hotel located on-campus at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. It is located adjacent to The Max M. Fisher College of Business. The Blackwell Inn is named after Roger D. Blackwell, a marketing professor wh ...

                                               

Old North Columbus

Old North Columbus is a neighborhood located just north of the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. It was founded in 1847 where, at the time, it was a stand-alone city out of the confines of Columbus until it was incorporated into the City o ...

                                               

Remembrance Park (Columbus, Ohio)

                                               

The Stadium Scholarship Program

The Stadium Scholarship Program is a cooperative program originally housed in residence quarters in the west side of Ohio Stadium - thus the name. Students participate in residence hall activities, leadership positions, community service projects ...

                                               

Stone Laboratory

                                               

Tom W. Davis Tower

The Tom W. Davis Tower is a clock tower at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. It is located near the North Recreation Center and features a 20x40 foot light-emitting diode display and a large clock. It was completed in autumn of 2017. T ...

                                               

Watts Hall

Watts Hall is a building on the Ohio State University campus, in Columbus, Ohio, United States. It houses the OSU Department of Materials Science and Engineering.

                                               

Academic and Research Center (Ohio University)

The Academic and Research Center, or ARC Building, of Ohio University, is a research center built in 2009 and first used in January 2010. The Academic and Research Center is located to the north-east of Stocker Engineering and Technology Center, ...

                                               

College Green of Ohio University

The College Green of Ohio University is the universitys central quadrangle lawn which saw the first academic buildings in the Northwest Territory. The green roughly sits aligned to the cardinal directions, with Manasseh Cutler Hall facing true no ...

                                               

Dysart Woods

Dysart Woods is the largest remaining tract of old growth forest in southeastern Ohio. It is located in the unglaciated Allegheny Plateau in Belmont County almost five miles from the village of Belmont on Ohio State Route 147.

                                               

History of Ohio University

The history of Ohio University has been documented by several known sources, especially the bicentennial publication, Ohio University 1804–2004: Spirit of a Singular Place, written by historian Betty Hollow. The universitys history predates its f ...

                                               

Palmerfest

Palmer Fest is an annual block party in Athens, Ohio, usually taking place annually in May on Palmer Street near the citys eastern edge. Palmer Street is a major student neighborhood of Ohio University. The event regularly attracts regional atten ...

                                               

Residence life at Ohio University

Residence life at Ohio University revolves around three campus greens, or community areas that house residential students and staff, promote college living, and are centered around tree-covered green spaces. Ohio Universitys Department of Housing ...

                                               

Tun Razak Chair

The Tun Abdul Razak Chair was established at Ohio Universitys Department of Southeast Asian Studies in 1980 in honor of Tun Abdul Razak, Prime Minister of Malaysia from 1970 to 1976. The Razak Chair was endowed jointly by a grant from the Malaysi ...

                                               

Franklin Hall (Goodwell, Oklahoma)

Franklin Hall in Goodwell, Oklahoma, USA, was built during 1909-10 by a local contractor that has been used in various ways for housing throughout its history. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007 with alternate name ...

                                               

KPSU (FM)

KPSU is a non-profit educational radio station licensed to serve Goodwell, Oklahoma. KPSU-FM is owned by Oklahoma Panhandle State University. The station was assigned the call sign "CPSU" the Federal communications Commission.

                                               

Bennett Memorial Chapel

The Bennett Memorial Chapel is a building on the campus of Oklahoma State University located in Stillwater, Oklahoma. The interdenominational chapel serves as a memorial to honor students from Oklahoma A&amp,M College, who were killed during Worl ...

                                               

Gift of a Lifetime

Gift of a Lifetime is a canceled charity program at Oklahoma State University using life insurance on senior-aged alumni. Announced in 2007, the universitys athletic department purchased 27 policies using nearly million in premium dollars to Linc ...

                                               

Gundersen Hall

Gundersen Hall is a building located on the main campus of Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Construction on the facility began in the fall of 1911, after funds for the building were allocated by legislators. The old boiler house ...

                                               

Magruder Plots

The Magruder Plots are experimental winter wheat field plots at Oklahoma State University established in 1892. They are the third longest running such field trial in the United States, following the Morrow Plots established in 1876 at the Univers ...

                                               

Mendenhall Observatory

The H.S. Mendenhall Observatory is an astronomical observatory owned and operated by Oklahoma State University. Named after the universitys first astronomer, Harrison Shepler Mendenhall, it is located in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

                                               

Oklahoma State Cowboys and Cowgirls

Oklahoma State Cowboys and Cowgirls are the intercollegiate athletic teams that represent Oklahoma State University, located in Stillwater. The programs mascot is a cowboy named Pistol Pete. Oklahoma State participates at the National Collegiate ...

                                               

Oklahoma State University–Oklahoma City

Oklahoma State University–Oklahoma City is a public university in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It is part of the Oklahoma State University System. Founded in 1961 as a branch of Oklahoma State University–Stillwater, its name changed from Oklahoma Sta ...

                                               

Old Central

Old Central is the oldest building on the Oklahoma State University campus in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Originally built in 1894, it was the first permanent building on the Oklahoma A&amp,M campus. Old Centrals bell clapper once served as a traveling ...

                                               

Orange Peel (event)

In 1995, a group of students, faculty and alumni from Oklahoma State University traveled to the University of Florida to witness its annual pep rally known as the Gator Growl," which would become the inspiration for Oklahoma States "Orange Peel" ...

                                               

Sherman E. Smith Training Center

The Sherman E. Smith Training Center is an on-campus athletic training facility built on the campus of Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma. The facility is named in honor of Oklahoma state alumnus Sherman Smith, whose father founded ...

                                               

Whitehurst Hall

Whitehurst Hall is an administrative building at Oklahoma State University. It was built in 1926 and named after John A. Whitehurst, president of the Oklahoma Board of Agriculture from 1918 to 1926.

                                               

Blackwater Ecological Preserve

The Blackwater Ecological Preserve is a 318-acre Natural Area Preserve located in the area of Zuni, Virginia and owned by Old Dominion University. It is home to flatwoods of longleaf pine and turkey oak and savannas of longleaf pine, two of the r ...

                                               

Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center

Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center is a multi-disciplinary research center of Old Dominion University. VMASC supports the University’s Modeling & Simulation degree programs, offering M&amp,S Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. degrees to ...

                                               

Waldo Family Lecture Series on International Relations

The Waldo Family Lecture Series on International Relations is a lecture series established in 1985 which takes place at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia. The universitys first endowed lecture series was endowed by the Waldo family to ...

                                               

KTEC

KTEC is a radio station licensed to Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States. The station is owned by the Oregon State Board of Higher Education, and is broadcast from the campus of the Oregon Institute of Technology.

                                               

Hyslop Field Research Laboratory

The Hyslop Field Research Laboratory is an agricultural research facility operated by the Oregon State University Crop and Soil Science Department. Also known as The Hyslop Farm, it is located on Highway 20 about half way between Corvallis and Al ...

                                               

Oregon State University Army ROTC

Oregon State University Army ROTC is an ROTC Battalion assigned to Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. Its mission is to train Cadets in basic military leadership and commission them as 2nd Lieutenants upon the completion of a bachelors ...

                                               

Oregon State University College of Science

Oregon State Universitys College of Science is a college within Oregon State University consisting of 7 departments offering 9 undergraduate programs and houses 7 PhD granting programs and 8 Masters degree granting programs. The college also offe ...

                                               

Oregon State Wireless Active Learning Device

The Oregon State Wireless Active Learning Device is an open source learning platform developed by students of the Oregon State University to allow undergraduate students of computer science to obtain first experiences through direct technical con ...

                                               

Poultry Building and Incubator House

The Poultry Building and Incubator House is a house located on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis, Oregon, designed by prominent architect John Virginius Bennes. The house is registered on the National Register for Historic Places.

                                               

Board of Trustees of the University of Oregon

The Trustees of the University of Oregon make up the institutional governing board of the University of Oregon. The board took effect on July 1, 2014.

                                               

Eugene Millrace

The Eugene millrace was once an integral part of life for many Eugene residents and University students. It contributed to the industrial beginnings of the city and as the site of some of the University of Oregon’s traditions.

                                               

K217FZ

                                               

Oregon Exchanges

Oregon Exchanges was an American newspaper published by the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communications in the early 20th century. It initially described itself as a "Newspaper for Newspaper Men", by 1930, it had adopted the gend ...

                                               

Yellow Garter Band

The Yellow Garter Band is a select group of 12 players that plays at numerous events for the University of Oregon. It is identical in purpose and instrumentation to its counterpart, the Green Garter Band, but with a smaller commitment. The band w ...

                                               

Weitkamp Observatory

Weitkamp Observatory is an astronomical observatory owned and operated by Otterbein College. Donated in 1955 by Alfred Henry Weitkamp in memory of Mary Geeding Weitkamp, it is located in Westerville, Ohio.

                                               

Choate House (Pleasantville, New York)

Choate House was built in 1867 by shoe manufacturer Samuel Baker in what is now Pleasantville, New York. It later became the residence of Dr. George C. S. Choate. Choate added a wing as a private sanitarium to accommodate patients being treated f ...

                                               

Hannah Arendt Prize in Critical Theory and Creative Research

The Hannah Arendt Prize in Critical Theory and Creative Research is a prize competition awarded annually to original essays written on topics at the intersection of art and creative research. Essay submissions engage a new theme chosen each year ...

                                               

Clay Hall

Clay Hall is a mid-twentieth century womens dormitory located on the campus of Northern Oklahoma College in Enid, Oklahoma that has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 2012. Architect Roy W. Shaw designed it for Phillips ...

                                               

Fort Steilacoom Park

Fort Steilacoom Park in Lakewood, Washington is the largest park in the city. The 340-acre park includes Waughop Lake, an off-leash dog park, and several soccer fields and baseball fields. It is adjacent to Pierce College, historic Fort Steilacoo ...

                                               

Judd Gregg Meteorology Institute

Judd Gregg Meteorology Institute, established in 2003, is the center of meteorological and atmospheric research at Plymouth State University, which offers the only meteorology degree program in the state of New Hampshire. The institute, named for ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →