Blog page 91



                                               

Gyani Ram

Gyani Ram was the first representative of the Indian National Congress who was elected to the Bihar Legislative Assembly in 1962 from Hazaribagh constituency.

                                               

List of Cistercian monasteries

The Cistercians are a Catholic religious order of enclosed monks and nuns, whose monasteries and abbeys have been built from 1098. The first Cistercian abbey was Citeaux Abbey. Their monasteries spread throughout Europe during the Middle Ages, bu ...

                                               

List of monastic houses in England

Monastic houses in England include abbeys, priories and friaries, among other monastic religious houses. This article provides a guide for the whole of England. In addition, in each County the following are links to the specific list for that County.

                                               

List of Christian religious houses in France

including Cluniacs: See List of Premonstratensian monasteries in France.

                                               

List of Christian monasteries in Germany

See List of Catholic religious houses in Thuringia.

                                               

Maurice Clarke (priest)

Maurice Clarke was an Anglican Archdeacon in India in the first half of the 20th century. Clark was educated at Saint-prepared College, Durham and ordained in 1923. After the arrival in Liverpool he joined the UMCA mission in Northern Rhodesia. I ...

                                               

Holy Trinity Church, Blythburgh

The Holy Trinity Church is the parish church of the village of Blythburgh in the Suffolk Coastal area. It is part of the Church of England, and has been listed Grade I on the National Heritage List for England since December 1966.

                                               

All Saints Church, Boltongate

All Saints Church is in the village of Boltongate, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Solway, the archdeaconry of West Cumberland and the diocese of Carlisle. A former fortified church, it is recorded in th ...

                                               

St Mary of the Angels Church, Brownshill

St Mary of the Angels Church is located to the south of the village of Brownshill in the parish of Chalford, Gloucestershire, England. It is a redundant Roman Catholic church vested in the Friends of Friendless Churches. The church is recorded in ...

                                               

Church of the Holy Trinity with St Edmund

The Anglican Church of the Holy Trinity with St Edmund is a church on Wellington Hill, Horfield in Bristol, England. It has been designated as a grade II* listed building. The West tower dates from the 15th century. It contains five bells, four o ...

                                               

Kings Lynn Minster

Kings Lynn Minster is a Grade I listed parish church in the Church of England in Kings Lynn. It was granted the honorary title of Minster in 2011. The building dates from the 12th to 15th centuries, with major restoration of the nave in the 18th ...

                                               

Lancaster Priory

Lancaster Priory, formally the Priory Church of St Mary, is the Church of England parish church of the city of Lancaster, Lancashire, England. It is located near Lancaster Castle and since 1953 has been designated a Grade I listed building. It is ...

                                               

Mythe Chapel

The Mythe Chapel is located at Tewkesbury on the Mythe. The Mythe Chapel was the only place of worship on the Mythe after the Dissolution. The Chapel was built in 1870 with funds from the Marquis de Lys who had lived in Tewkesbury since 1863. An ...

                                               

St Marys Church, Wix

St Marys Church, Wix is a Listed Anglican parish church in the village of Wix, Essex. Formerly associated with a priory from the Middle Ages, the present church dates largely from the 18th century.

                                               

St Michael on the Mount Without

St Michael on the Mount Without is a church on St Michaels Hill in Bristol, England, near the University. It has been designated as a grade II* listed building, and is currently described as being in poor condition and on the Buildings at Risk Re ...

                                               

St Stephens Church, Bristol

St Stephens Church in St Stephens Avenue, is the parish church for the city of Bristol, England. It was declared a historical England as a grade I listed building.

                                               

St Laurences Church, Kirby Misperton

                                               

St Lukes Church, Charlton

St Lukes Church in Charlton, London, England is an Anglican parish church in the Diocese of Southwark. Reports suggest that there was a Church dedicated to St. Luke on the website, about 1077. It was rebuilt in 1630 with funds provided by sir Ada ...

                                               

Thorndon Park Chapel

Thorndon Park Chapel is a former Roman Catholic private chapel situated in Thorndon Park, near the grounds of Thorndon Hall near Ingrave, Essex, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed bu ...

                                               

Åby Church

Åby Church is a church located in Åby Parish in Aarhus, Denmark. The church is situated in the neighbourhood Åbyhoj, west of Midtbyen. The church is today a parish church in the Church of Denmark, serving a parish population of 10.925. The Åby Ch ...

                                               

St. Gumbertus, Ansbach

The church St. Gumbertus is one of the central city churches of Ansbach, Bavaria, together with the neighboring St. Johannis. Located in the Altstad t of Ansbach, St. Gumbertus, now a Lutheran church, was originally the church of a monastery that ...

                                               

St. Johannis, Ansbach

The parish was first mentioned in documents in 1139. It was given by the Bishop of Wurzburg to St. Gumbertus. Construction began in the second decade of the 15th century. The church has three aisles, the nave was completed in 1435. The two towers ...

                                               

St. Marys Church, Berlin

St. Marys Church, known in German as the Marienkirche, is a church in Berlin, Germany. It is located on Karl-Liebknecht-StraSe in central Berlin, near Alexanderplatz. The exact age of the original church site and structure is not precisely known, ...

                                               

Brabrand Church

Brabrand Church is a church located in Brabrand Parish in Aarhus, Denmark. The church is situated in the neighbourhood Brabrand by Brabrand Lake, west of Midtbyen. The church was originally devoted to St. Martin but is today a parish church in th ...

                                               

Divi Blasii

Divi Blasii is a Gothic church in the Thuringian town of Muhlhausen, central Germany. Besides St. Marys, it is one of Muhlhausens two principal churches. The Teutonic knights founded the Church in the Middle ages. It was named in honor of St. Bla ...

                                               

Doberan Minster

The Doberan Minster is the main Lutheran Church of Bad Doberan in Mecklenburg, Germany. Close to the Baltic Sea and the Hanseatic city of Rostock, it is the most important religious heritage of the European Route of Brick Gothic. It is the remain ...

                                               

Marienkirche, Dortmund

Marienkirche is a church in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia state, Germany, located in the inner city. Since the Reformation, it has been a Lutheran parish church of St. Marien. The church was destroyed in World War II, but rebuilt. It also serv ...

                                               

Egå Church

Egå Church is a church located in Egå Parish in Aarhus, Denmark. The church is located 9 km north of Aarhus city centre and west of Risskov and the Bay of Aarhus. It is a parish church within the Church of Denmark with a population of 4.800 withi ...

                                               

Freiberg Cathedral

The Freiberg Cathedral or Cathedral of St Mary is a church of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Saxony in Freiberg in Saxony. The term Dom, a German synecdoche used for collegiate churches and cathedrals alike, is often uniformly translated as c ...

                                               

St. Martins Church, GroS Ellershausen

St. Martins is a Lutheran church in GroS Ellershausen, Gottingen, Lower Saxony, Germany. It is significant as possibly retaining the oldest existing structure, its tower, in southern Lower Saxony. While the details of the origin of the church bui ...

                                               

St. James Church, Hamburg

St. James Church is one of the five principal churches of Hamburg. In 1529, it became a Lutheran church. It is located directly in the city centre, has a 125 m tall tower and features a famous organ by Arp Schnitger from 1693. It is dedicated to ...

                                               

Hasle Church

Hasle Church is a church located in Hasle Parish in Aarhus, Denmark. The church is located 3 km. west of Aarhus city centre and north of Åbyhoj. It is a parish church within the Church of Denmark servicing a parish population of 7.515.

                                               

Jungshoved Church

Jungshoved Church is a Danish romanesque church situated on the Jungshoved peninsula, nearby the banks of Stavreby cove, on the place where Jungshoved castle lay in former times. The oldest part of the Church built in the years 1225-1250 in late- ...

                                               

Kolt Church

Kolt Church is a church located in Kolt Parish in Aarhus, Denmark. The church is situated in the Hasselager neighborhood, south-west of Viby. It is a parish church of the Church of Denmark and theres population of 6.973 within the parish borders.

                                               

St. Nicholas Church, Leipzig

The St. Nicholas Church is one of the major churches of central Leipzig, Germany. Construction started in Romanesque style in 1165, but in the 16th century, the church was turned into a Gothic hall church. Baroque elements like the tower were add ...

                                               

St. Andrews Church, Lubbecke

The present-day Evangelical-Lutheran parish church of St. Andrew in Lubbecke is one of the ancient parishes of the Bishopric of Minden.

                                               

St. Johns Church, Luneburg

The Church of John the Baptist is the oldest Lutheran church in Luneburg, Germany. It is located in the city centre. Luneburg is on the European Route of Brick Gothic and the church is an example of this style.

                                               

St. Nicolas Church, Ronne

St. Nicolas Church with its distinctive tower is the parish church of Ronne on the island of Bornholm in the Diocese of Copenhagen. Enlarged and fully refurbished in 1918, it stands near the harbour on the site of an earlier church or chapel from ...

                                               

St. Peters Church, Rostock

St. Peters Church, in German Petrikirche, was built in the 13th century and is the oldest of three town churches found in the Hanseatic city of Rostock, in northern Germany. The other two are St. Marys Church and St. Nicholas. A fourth, St. Jakob ...

                                               

Schleswig Cathedral

Schleswig Cathedral officially the Cathedral of St. Peter at Schleswig, is the main church of the city of Schleswig and was the cathedral of the Bishop of Schleswig until the diocese was dissolved in 1624. It is now a church of the North Elbian E ...

                                               

Skejby Church

Skejby Church is a church located in Skejby Parish in Aarhus, Denmark. The parish lies in Aarhus N 3 kilometers north-west of Aarhus city centre on the outskirts of the urban area. The parish has 816 inhabitants of which 655 are members of the Ch ...

                                               

Sonder Aarslev Church

Sonder Aarslev Church is a church located in Årslev, a small village-suburb in the western parts of Aarhus, Denmark. Årslev is situated in the Brabrand district, west of Aarhus city center. It is the church of Sonder Årslev Parish within the Chur ...

                                               

Stiftskirche, Stuttgart

The Stiftskirche is an inner-city church in Stuttgart, the capital of Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany. It is the main church of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Wurttemberg as well as the parish church of the evangelical inner-city church district o ...

                                               

St. Bartholomews Church, Themar

The parish church St. Bartholomews Church is the town church of Themar in Thuringia. It is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. It belongs to the most richly equipped churches of the upper valley of the Werra. It is one of the few buildings of the small ...

                                               

Vester Egesborg Church

Vester Egesborg Church is located in Næstved Municipality of Region Zealand, Denmark. It was built in 1250-1300, with the addition of the tower and vestry around 1500. The choir was rebuilt at the end of the 18th century. The pulpit and altarpiec ...

                                               

Viborg Cathedral

Viborg Cathedral, Our Lady Cathedral is the site of one of Denmarks most important historic churches located in the town of Viborg in northern Jutland. The modern building is a 19th-century construction based on Lund Cathedral in southern Sweden ...

                                               

Viby Church

Viby Church is a church located in Viby Parish in Aarhus, Denmark. The church is situated in the neighbourhood Viby, west of Marselisborg. It is a parish church which belongs to the Church of Denmark and theres population of 8.211 within the pari ...

                                               

St. Nicholas Church, Wismar

The Church St. Nicholas of Wismar was built from 1381 until 1487 as a church for sailors and fishermen. St. Nicholas is one of the finest testaments to mediaeval brick architecture in northern Germany. Depending on Saint Marys St. Marys Church in ...

                                               

Dorotheenstadt Cemetery

The Dorotheenstadt Cemetery, officially the "Cemetery of the Dorotheenstadt and Friedrichswerder Parishes", is a landmarked Protestant burial ground located in the Berlin district of Mitte which dates to the late 18th century. The entrance to the ...

                                               

Kimberling Lutheran Cemetery

Kimberling Lutheran Cemetery is a historic Lutheran cemetery and national historic district located near Rural Retreat, Wythe County, Virginia. The cemetery includes approximately about 50 early Germanic sandstone monuments dating from 1800 to 18 ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →